Regional Sales Director – West
At scPharmaceuticals, we are focused on exploring, developing, and commercializing innovations that will expand and advance the outpatient care of acute conditions. Our goal is to provide targeted solutions for patient populations and disease states where outpatient management will have the greatest impact.
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for managing a team of Area Managers within a sales region of 6-10 territories to achieve the sales and marketing goals. The RSD is expected to lead the development, execution and monitoring of marketing /sales initiatives to achieve business objectives for their assigned market. These markets include hospitals/institutions, outpatient heart failure clinics and cardiology practices within their region.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Successfully meet and exceed established sales budgets with accountability for regional results.
- Recruit, develop and retain top sales personnel for each assigned territory.
- Lead, coach and manage regional team to drive achievement of territory, regional and national sales goals.
- Coach with consistent meaningful feedback. Provide work direction to regional team to support business goals.
- Provide regular verbal and written field coaching to area managers utilizing all aspects of Performance Management Process.
- Consistently measure progress towards goals, deliver business results and model leadership qualities to enhance personal effectiveness in the areas of selling skills, product messaging, product demonstration and proper territory management.
- Prepare, maintain and present regional business plan with marketing, promotional, and educational resources and ensure proper implementation by Area Managers
- Lead development, execution and monitoring of marketing/sales initiatives to achieve business goals for assigned markets.
- Communicate scPharmaceuticals’ vision, mission, goals and values to your team. Establish a winning culture.
- Operate within defined budgets executing control over regional and territory expenses. Deploy and manage resources to achieve territory and regional objectives.
- Expect and lead delivery of outstanding customer experience, satisfaction and retention.
- Own and manage key, select customer relationships within priority IDNs and institutions.
- Establish and build deep understanding of account needs, stakeholders and situation of accounts.
- Lead coordination with field personnel including peer Medical Affairs and Market Access colleagues.
- Ensure proper cross functional collaboration with home office personnel including sales training, sales operations and marketing.
- Provide feedback to Sales Leadership regarding ongoing successes and opportunities.
- Provide input and instruction to all functions within scPharmaceuticals that support ongoing sales market development.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college/university required.
- A minimum of 4 years of healthcare sales management experience in pharma specialty, hospital or in medical device/diagnostic is required. Preference given to candidates with experience with cardiovascular categories.
- Demonstrated track record of high achievement.
- Experience with product launch.
- Experience in Medicare population is a plus.
- Prior multi-state management experience.
- Ability to travel up to 60-80% overnight is required.
- Experience with and strong understanding of specialty pharmacies as well as hospitals. IDN experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as prior utilization of CRM systems.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Must be able to “Lead from the front” with ability to provide exemplary customer service.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and be a polished meeting presenter.
- Must possess top-level business management, business acumen and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for creating innovative, valuable, and high-quality products, and personal commitment to your areas of responsibility.
- High level of emotional intelligence and professionalism in decision making.
- Integrity and respect for colleagues, business partners, and customers.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, organization, flexibility, and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work habits, problem solving, a hands-on approach, innovation and creativity.
- Ability to identify and prioritize critical activities as well as manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to understand strategy, plan execution, and effectively lead teams and/or peers to achieve company goals.
- Responds to consumer needs and wants through planned, personalized communication.
- Ability to confer with others to reach resolution that is acceptable by all parties involved.
- Produces consistent, high quality and quantity of outputs and meaningful results that contribute to the strategic goal. Productively manages complex situations involving cross functional teams.
- Accountability: You… See it. Own it. Solve it. Do it. You possess a high degree of personal responsibility with a similar expectation of your team and colleagues.
- Commitment to Patients: You have a passion for creating strategic, innovative, valuable, and high-quality solutions and products with a hands-on approach.
- Teamwork: You confer with others to reach resolutions that are acceptable by all parties involved. You can multi-task and productively manage complex situations involving cross functional teams.
- Integrity: You possess and demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence and professionalism in your decision making. You unfailingly act with integrity and respect for colleagues, business partners and customers in all business dealings.
- Value Driven: You produce consistent, high quality and quantity of outputs and meaningful results that contribute to strategic goals.
- Empowered Communications: You possess and demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
scPharmaceuticals Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. scPharmaceuticals Inc. conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
scPharmaceuticals requires all field-based employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to safeguard the health of the company’s employees and customers.