National Account Director
Summary of Requirements
The National Account Director (NAD) will play a critical role in ensuring that scPharmaceuticals is well positioned for new product launches, establishing broad patient access while balancing corporate sales objectives and scPharmaceuticals values. This role is responsible for strategic national and regional payer account management including Integrated Delivery Networks, ACOs, Medicare Part D plans and PBMs in alignment with Corporate Goals. The NAD will be expected to work cross-functionally with various internal business partners including Sales, Medical Affairs, Marketing, Compliance, Contracting and Legal. This individual will report directly to the VP, Market Access.
- This role will develop and maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders including C-Suite staff, Medical Director, Pharmacy Director, Case Management, Clinical/Financial teams and P&T Members to identify payer’s respective needs and priorities as well as product opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with key institutional stakeholders to influence and integrate care protocols and clinical pathways to address current gaps in care and improve patient outcomes.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical account planning to ensure launch initiatives are met. This includes determining product coverage (interim & final), uncovering needs, influencing stakeholders and identifying/mapping out business goals.
- Execute the Corporate Strategy and leverage the Payer Value Proposition to obtain appropriate access/formulary position in target accounts.
- Identify and address issues proactively to ensure stakeholder alignment and launch product is well positioned for formulary and P&T reviews.
- Achieve profitable market access and exceed access goals by channel and positive formulary coverage in key accounts.
- Drive business planning with key stakeholders and ensure disciplined organizational communication to maximize collaboration and execution.
- High collaboration and alignment with Field Based Teams to maximize pull through efforts.
- Track and provide marketplace intelligence to corporate management on customer business trends, competitive updates, industry issues and new market opportunities. Serve as the Market Access expert with our internal scPharmaceuticals Business Partners.
- Exemplify scPharmaceuticals values while attending professional association meetings and conventions, i.e. AMCP, ASEMBIA, sPCMA, NAMCP.
- Maintain a company enterprise perspective in all decisions.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 5-8 years of successful National Account Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the Health Sciences, Business, Marketing or related field
- Willingness to travel up to 75% percent of time
- Mastery of the Medicare Part D channel with recent experience gaining new, branded product acceptance with National Medicare Part D sponsors as well as within health systems and IDNs driving use through protocol and order set development.
- Ability to leverage HEOR/pharmacoeconomic data to build out the value story to expedite formulary acceptance across the payer landscape
- History of interfacing with C-Suite and other high-level Payer and Health system executives
Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of managed care landscape and how it influences and impacts the healthcare system, the HCP and patient.
- High level of emotional intelligence and professionalism in your decision making.
- Strong collaboration skills and success working in teams.
- Exceptional problem solving, creativity and positive ‘can-do’ mindset.
- Excellent verbal, influencing, presentation and written communication skills.
- Able to make quick decisions with limited data available and assess if modifications are needed, course-correcting as necessary.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, organization, flexibility, and the ability to operate with minimal guidance, handle multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously.
scPharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in creating and maintaining diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training or promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.