Director of Marketing
Summary of Responsibilities
At scPharmaceuticals, we are focused on exploring, developing, and commercializing innovations that will expand and advance the outpatient care of acute conditions. Our goal is to provide targeted solutions for patient populations and disease states where outpatient management will have the greatest impact. The Director of Marketing will play a key role in the successful launch and ongoing commercialization of scPharmaceuticals first expected heart failure therapy to come to market. This position is responsible for leading the development of the brand strategy, brand campaign and multi-channel promotional mix to maximize impact across customer segments such as HCP, Patient, Caregiver, Payers and other critical customer groups. This role reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop key aspects of pre-launch preparation promotion, brand strategy, brand positioning, messaging, asset planning and maximization with specific focus on personal, non-personal promotion and multi-channel marketing for the heart failure market.
- Drive marketing direction to leverage key environmental changes in the market, competition, new data, treatment paradigm shifts, and market events that require reaction.
- Develop and update core messaging platform strategies and communication tools to ensure that competitively superior, differentiated messages are disseminated on an ongoing basis.
- Facilitate overall Brand Planning process, leading cross-functional Team through key Brand Planning milestones process by mobilizing all functional leads to create a cross-functional situational analysis and strategic direction.
- Lead the development, execution and evolution of an integrated multi-channel tactical plan based on the established strategies, tactics and resources across all available channels – personal, digital, social media, national congresses and others as required.
- Develop Managed Care pull through materials for National Account Manager team.
- Partner with Market Research to identify insights to inform critical business decisions, develop forecasts, help identify potential drivers of revenue and to measure performance at the tactical and channel level to drive continuous optimization.
- Lead KOL engagement strategy and cultivate and maintain strong relationships with thought leaders.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of internal stakeholders (e.g. Patient Access and Support, Sales, Commercial Ops, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, and Legal) to ensure training programs are adequately developed to support pre/post launch activity plans, success of cross-functional initiatives and long-range plans.
- Effectively manage vendors and agencies, their work product and budget for assigned programs. Make recommendations to optimize investment mix.
- Oversee marketing budget, making trade off decisions regarding the marketing mix, and ensuring all marketing programs and campaigns support overall plan, are executed effectively with a strong ROI, and are within budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree highly preferred, accompanied by 8-10 years of progressively responsible Marketing or related functional experience within the bio-pharmaceutical industry
- At least 5 years in brand leadership/managerial level positions with increasing responsibilities; including brand launch experience
- Experience in developing and implementing brand campaign, multi-channel tactical plan, and demonstrated use and understanding of advanced marketing technologies including social media and artificial intelligence
- Combination of strong strategic thinking with ability to execute tactical plans, entrepreneurial attitude and drive to try new things
- Demonstrated ability to understand, appreciate, and thrive in a growing organization
- Comprehensive understanding of the medical /therapeutic usage of products in the heart failure market
- Act with impeccable integrity and treat your colleagues, business partners, and customers with the utmost respect
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, and critical thinking skills. Ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set direction, generate commitment, identify and resolve issues, and evaluate risk
- Must be comfortable with 15% travel
scPharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in creating and maintaining diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training or promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.