Associate Director of Patient Access & Services
Summary of Responsibilities
At scPharmaceuticals, we are focused on exploring, developing, and commercializing innovations that will expand and advance the outpatient care of acute conditions. Our goal is to provide targeted solutions for patient populations and disease states where outpatient management will have the greatest impact. The role of the Associate Director, Patient Access & Services, is to support the design, launch, and operational management of the patient support programs for scPharmaceuticals first expected heart failure therapy to come to market. This essential role is responsible for managing the interface and operations of the patient services HUB, and all patient access and support services. This includes the patient support call center, reimbursement services, financial assistance, long-term compliance and persistency support, and other key services for patients, caregivers and providers. Another key component of the role includes supporting the creation of metrics and analyzing results of these various services. The role also includes assisting with data integration projects and working closely with sales and marketing to develop pull-through strategies and tactics for the various customer segments. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Support the design, build-out and operationalization of the patient access and support services for scPharmaceuticals first commercially available heart failure product.
- Work closely with the commercial leadership team to implement overall strategy, objectives and key performance indicators for patient access & support services.
- Drive the design, implementation, and management of continued patient service program enhancements.
- Develop/maintain specific SOPs, process flows, key reports, and benchmarking for patient access & support programs.
- Monitor and manage the day-to-day relationship, operations, and performance of highly customer-focused HUB / patient access call center (including call-center support, copay card, free drug and on-going support, etc).
- Analyze and assess patient programs; prepare reports, and recommend decisions based on key metrics.
- Assist with data integration between HUB, Specialty Distributors (SDs), Specialty Pharmacies (SPs), 3PL, 3rd party data aggregator and internal customer-relationship management data warehouse.
- Manage Month-end & Quarter-end reconciliation; including cross functional partnership with finance, supply chain, & data aggregation partner(s).
- Provide appropriate access and call center support/education for sales & sales management teams and providers.
- Partner with trade & distribution and sales operations to monitor and measure HUB performance targets for speed, efficiency, and quality in support of best-in-class patient services.
- Partner with Pharmacovigilance and Quality Assurance to ensure full drug safety compliance of partners (assist in drafting of protocols, training, monitoring, etc.).
- Work closely with sales operations to deliver actionable call center and prescription data to field sales staff.
- Partner with Marketing Team to align on Brand Strategic Imperatives, drive Brand awareness generation and value proposition.
- Provide competitive intelligence regarding marketplace access programs and services.
- Prioritize a demanding workload, work cross-functionally, and evaluate enhanced services to meet current and future needs.
- Stay up to date and fully compliant with corporate compliance and regulations in a rapidly evolving healthcare environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree preferred accompanied by 5-7 years of progressively responsible patient support provider or related functional experience within the bio-pharmaceutical industry
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the management of patient access services programs, specialty pharmacy distribution, payers, and patient assistance programs
- Vendor management, program management and project management experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing, and critical thinking skills. Ability to think strategically while balancing several complex agendas
- Effective at managing complex individualized cases
- Passion for creating innovative, valuable, and high-quality products, and personal commitment to your areas of responsibility
- High level of emotional intelligence and professionalism in your decision making
- Integrity and respect for colleagues, business partners, and customers
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, organization, flexibility, and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work habits, problem solving, a hands-on approach, innovation and creativity
- Ability to understand strategy, plan execution, and effectively lead teams and/or peers to achieve company goals
- High degree of personal responsibility and similar expectations of your team and colleagues
- Responds to consumer needs and wants through planned, personalized communication
- Ability to confer with others to reach resolution that is acceptable by all parties involved
- Must be comfortable with 15% travel
scPharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in creating and maintaining diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training or promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.